Saturday, September 25, 2010

XTERRA at Snowbasin

Mike and I somehow got a free entry each into this years XTERRA race (part of a CEO Challenge - actually being a CEO is not required to participate?!?). This was all quite last minute and therefore there wasn't much training put into it, but we went up regardless and had a good time.
The race start at Pineview Reservoir.
The pre-race breakfast of champions...hard boiled eggs.
Laughing at Michael's ridiculous situation...his tube was practically exposed on both tires!





Me and my beautiful wife/team photographer.
Sucking down some last minute energy.
Of course Michael finishes the swim first...I mean look at all those sponsers all over his shirt!
I come a few minutes later...probably the reason I don't have sponsers all over my shirt...

Michael finishes the bike first...
After leisurely riding behind 100+ of my new found buddies on a single-track trail...I finish the bike as well.
Michael finishing the race...
Me trying to catch him...but not really since he'd been done for quite some time...
But we had a good time...and we can submit this as further evidence of who is, in fact, taller.
She still loves me even though I lost, again, to Miguel.
The absensetees of note are Gregory and Douglas:
  1. Mike: Swim - 16:58; Bike - 1:27:13; Run - 27:24; Total - 2:11:35
  2. Sam: Swim - 20:03; Bike - 1:37:35; Run - 25:04; Total - 2:22:42
  3. Greg: DNS
  4. Doug: DNS

3 comments:

Stacy and Mike said...

I loved this post! I am laughing it's just funny. Congrats to both the winner and the taller. : )

Diana said...

what beautiful pictures Jen took! Sam your still a winner!!! ahah mike DOES have a lot of "sponsers" on his shirt.. haha good job both of you!

Natalie said...

Okay- I am a total loser Sam and Jennifer. I feel awful. I really hope our gift made up for it. I don't know how I messed that up. That's what you get when we've only talked two or three times in five years. Take Care.