Thursday, September 23, 2010

Weekend with the Girls!


A couple of weekends ago my close friends from high school and I decided to get together for a girls weekend. My friend Amber's gracious parents-in-law have a condo in Midway and let us stay for a few nights. Our friend Nikki spent this past summer working as a river guide for Midway Adventure Company for the Provo River, we decided to make a weekend out of our stay and run the river.

Now I know what you are thinking "people run the Provo on tubes all the time," which is true. Nikki said the river run is really intended more for individuals living out of state who apparently eat it up. We thought it would be a blast to have Nikki guide our way to "safety" and even though few of us even got wet, we had a great time!


















This was the first weekend Sam and I spent apart since we have been married. At first I thought I was going to be completely fine having a girls weekend away. As time went on I started to miss him more and more. I tried to convince him to have a guys weekend as well, but for some reason that didn't work out.

Sam sent me a text the first night indicating how excited he was about having our queen size bed all to himself. I have to admit I felt a little sad when he said that. As I returned home I found the truth....Sam ended up sleeping on the couch all weekend. When I asked him why he said he couldn't bare to sleep in our bed without me. We had both missed each other, which is a good thing. We can officially say we made it through our first weekend apart.

2 comments:

Mariah said...

Holy cow I have white legs!!!

Stacy and Mike said...

So fun! Mike always sleeps on the couch when I am away too. So sweet!