Monday, June 28, 2010

Married Life and the Fair

Last fall Sam decided to go back to school and take 23 credit hours of math in one semester. We knew it would only be four short months of not seeing each other, but it seemed like a long few short months. Except for the weekends, which quite frequently consisted of our dates being located in the University of Utah math lab with Sam sitting at one end of the table doing homework while I researched creative ideas for an event I might be planning in the near future. :) Sam and I decided we would have one real date a month. September came and the Utah State Fair was something I always thought would be so romantic to visit. My talented coworker Casey Hyer came along with us to photograph the evening. I love vintage anything so it seemed almost natural that we dress in something fitting for a Fair. We ended up displaying a few of these photographs in very large frames at our wedding. Thank you again Casey. Your talent shows.























Some of you may know I shoot the occasional wedding from time to time. For each couple which calls me I strongly suggest having a bridal/groomal photoshoot well in advance before the wedding due to the unpredictability of what your actual wedding day may bring. For you it may be over one hundred degrees, you may not have enough time between your ceremony and luncheon...for Sam and I it happened to be a day full of rain and 50 mile an hour wind gusts. I literally felt as though I was going to blow away.

I still haven't gotten the chance to see all of the actual photos which were taken on our wedding day, but I thought I would share the lovely talent of Casey Hyer who did a fabulous job in capturing Sam and I. We shot these photos in early May at an orchard in Santaquin. The weather was perfect, the lighting was amazing, and we were and are so in love.

























5 comments:

Casey Hyer Photography said...

Finally! The unveiling of the fair photos! You guys are beautiful!

Jessica Bath said...

You can just tell how in love you two are in your photos, ADORABLE!

Stacy and Mike said...

I love love love these photo's can't wait to see the wedding ones! Wind and all!

Joellyn said...

These are stunning, thanks in large part to beautiful people! Great job, Casey. I LOVE your dress, Jen. So classy and so you. I was sorry to have to miss your reception, but I wish you all the happiness in the world! All my best, Joellyn

EZ said...

What a fun couple of months you've had! I'm sorry I didn't make it to anything! What a loser I am. Your blog is so cute and you need to send me an email so I can invite you to read my blog! ezolli@hotmail.com. You look beautiful in all those photos and it looks like your happy!